Friday, May 25, 2012

WOW! The Foodsaver Gamesaver Silver came in today! It is for vacuum packing food. We hope to save a lot of money by buying in quantity and then making smaller packages and freezing them. So we played with it - like a new toy - when it came in. We just packaged up some nuts we had and tested it out. Worked great! So, off to the grocery, we were headed there after making out our menu. I was able to save .25 per pound on the ground chuck we were going to buy since we purchased it in bulk instead of one and two pound packages! It may not be a lot, but it adds up over time. Shortly after getting the groceries put away I also had the ground chuck separated into smaller size packages and vacuum packed! The ribs? Oh yeah, they are packed away and in the freezer too. Now we need to continue our couponing, watch for meat sales and hmmm still need that food dehydrator to make our own home made nutritious snacks. As for the rest of the day - extremely hot out, no pool to jump into, so I stayed indoors most of the day! Of course I am tired of staying in all day, that is all I have done for the last year plus. So much of it I don't remember - just being on oxygen and dragging a tube around in the house and a tank around outside.... Am I getting old or is it something else? I hurt all the time. I didn't used to hurt like I do now - at least before the coma. I couldn't breathe, but I was smoking back then. I'm no longer smoking, I still can't breathe; worse yet, I hurt all over. I'm still trying to find the upside to getting older and being "retired" I saw this rhyme and wondered exactly what it meant to me... so many thoughts go through my mind. Don't be someone's... Down time, spare time Part time or sometime If they can't be there for you all the time, then they're not even worth your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment