Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Excalibur!

All I can say is WOW! If you have never tried dehydrated pineapple - find a natural food store and try some from there. After living near Indpls, IN - I had tried dried pineapple from Trader Joes - that is GOOD - but so is the dehydrated - and SO much cheaper! What is even better is there is nothing added to it - just plain pineapple! No sugar, no preservatives - nothing! Now, it is 2 a.m. and I am still up as I am too excited to sleep - why? First time making fruit leather. Not fruit rolls or rolled up sugar - no sir! Just peaches and applesauce! It is so good I just can't describe it! They are still dehydrating since we didn't check our timing - but we couldn't wait and pulled some of the dried fruit off the edges! YUM! This was our first time making them and I didn't read all the directions all the way through - so we mixed peaches with applesauce 50/50 - we could have done pure peach and just poured it on the sheets - but.... I had read that some fruits had to be mixed with others - didn't read everything. Peaches can be done alone, but boy is the combo awesome too! We have done bananas, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, gala apples, peaches and peach/apple fruit leathers - so far they are all out of the park! The first attempt - well, the fruit only lasted about 24 hours - lol - only because it was eaten so fast! I have a feeling this load of awesomeness won't last much longer! Its ok - we have more fruit to go in it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment